2017 Mercury OptiMax® 3.0L 250 HP - 25 in. Shaft
Fuel Your Competitive Spirit
Reliable, versatile, and a great value.
- Proven Technology: More than a decade of reliable Mercury® OptiMax® performance is testimony to a great design. Low-pressure Direct Fuel Injection (DFI) delivery, corrosion-resistant alloys and finishes, and rugged components keep Mercury OptiMax outboards on the water, season upon season.
- Fuel Economy: Atomized fuel is injected directly into each combustion chamber, backed by a precise charge of compressed air, and the fuel / air mixture is directed toward the spark plug by a uniquely shaped piston. The result is more-complete combustion for outstanding economy and smoke-free emissions.
- Lightweight: No outboard in its class weighs less than the Mercury® 250hp OptiMax®. That helps create amazing hole-shot acceleration, increased top speed and overall efficiency. Its compact 60-degree V6 engine delivers brawn without the bulk.
- The Big Tiller: The optional center-mounted Big Tiller offers optimal control. A longer tiller grip incorporates a convenient power trim switch, the shift lever is close at hand, and an optional digital troll control adjusts engine speed as low as 700 rpm in 10-rpm increments.
- Accessory Power: A 60-amp (756-watt) belt-driven alternator keeps batteries charged to power electronics, lights, livewells and audio equipment.
- Geared to Win: The Torque Master II gearcase, available on select 225hp and 250hp Pro XS™ outboards, is designed specifically for performance bass boats. Its stout 1.25-inch prop shaft can handle the strain of running at an elevated mounting height. Patented front water pickups keep the engine running cool regardless of engine height. A cambered skeg improves handling and drivability.
- HP / kW: 250 / 184
- Engine type: V-6
- Displacement (L): 3
- Full throttle RPM: 5500-6000
- Fuel induction system: 2-stage Direct Fuel Injection (DFI)
- Alternator amp / Watt: 60 amp / 756 watt (Belt-Driven)
- Recommended fuel: 87% octane / up to 10% ethanol
- Recommended oil: Mercury OptiMax/DFI Outboard Oil
- Engine protection operator warning system: Low oil level; Over-rev; Overheat; SmartCraft Engine Guardian
- Compatible with SmartCraft digital technology: Yes
- Controls: Remote Mechanical
- Steering: Big Tiller Compatible; Remote
- Shaft length: 25 in. / 635 mm
- Gearcase ratio: 1.75:1
- Dry Weight: 505 lb. / 229 kg
- CARB star rating: 3
- Gearcase options: Standard
- Counter rotation: Available
- Color: Phantom Black
- Engine Type
- 3 L
- Shaft Length
- 25 in. (635 mm)
- 505 lb. (229 kg)
- Shaft Rotation
- Counter rotation available
- Propshaft Horsepower
- 250 hp (184 kW)
- Full Throttle Operating Range
- 5500-6000 rpm
- Gear Ratio / Shift
- Fuel Induction
- 2-stage Direct Fuel Injection (DFI)
- 60 amp / 756 watt (Belt-Driven)
- Big Tiller Compatible; Remote
- 3 Year Corrosion, 3 Year Limited